Quick, easy, and light weeknight dinner recipe. Combination of the fragrant exotic herbs make this lean venison dish absolutely delicious and satisfying. Serve on plenty of greens.
- 500 g New Zealand farm raised venison mince
- 2 tbsp Superb Herb lemongrass finely grated
- 4 Superb Herb makrut lime leaves thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 1 lime juice only
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Olivado extra virgin peanut oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup Superb Herb coriander roughly chopped
- Micro greens
- Superb Herb coriander
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ red chilli finely chopped
- Heat peanut oil in a frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add garlic, chilli, lemongrass and makrut leaves. When fragrant add venison mince and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring often to break up the mince with a wooden spatula.
- When the venison is cooked, add brown sugar, salt, fish sauce and lime juice. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring, then fold in the red onion and coriander. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Arrange green salad ingredients in individual bowls, top venison larb drizzled with the dressing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!