This venison salad is perfect for a summer’s meal. It’s light, fresh and oh so tasty. You’ll just love the dried gourmet figs, fresh greens and seared venison.
For the seared venison:
- 400 g New Zealand farm raised venison steaks
- salt & pepper
- For the seared venison: Preheat your barbecue to medium-high. Bring venison steaks to room temperature. Just before cooking, drizzle with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Add a little oil to the barbecue, using tongs add venison steaks. Barbecue for 2 minutes on each side (6–8 minutes total), for medium rare. Remove from barbecue and let rest on a chopping board. Slice venison and add to salad once ready.
- In a small jug whisk together dressing ingredients. Season to taste.
- On a chopping board slice figs.
- To assemble: lay salad ingredients on a large serving platter or bowl. Top with sliced venison. Scatter with slivered almonds. Dollop pesto on and drizzle with salad dressing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
In winter, swap the salad base for this winter version and cook your venison as per instructions here. Delish!