This is the toastie of our dreams. It’s well worth the effort!
- Toasted sandwich maker
- 250 g Farmland streaky bacon chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 Superb Herb thyme sprigs leaves picked
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ can chopped tomatoes 200g
- ½ can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 200g
- 50 g butter softened
- 8 slices toast bread
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 125 g buffalo mozzarella torn into pieces
- Cook the bacon in a saucepan with the oil for 3-4 minutes until golden over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme and continue to cook until the onion is soft. Then add tomato and tomato paste, simmer for 10 minutes until reduced. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes to warm through. Let cool.
- Heat the toasted sandwich maker. Butter slices of bread. Place bread on the toastie maker, butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, bean mixture and mozzarella. Place another slice of bread, butter side up, then close the lid to make a toastie.
- Serve straight away with plenty of serviettes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!