Need inspiration for healthy school snacks? The whole family will love these chocolate bites as a snack or a lunchbox treat. VGood spreads are made from chickpeas, so they are perfect for nut-free schools.
- 2 tbsp Olivado extra virgin coconut oil
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Freeze dried raspberry powder optional
- In a large bowl add water, maple syrup and coconut flour. Stir well and leave to swell for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, finely chop the apricots.
- Stir in hazelNOT choc chickpea butter, apricots and salt. Pop the mixture in the freezer to harden for 10 minutes.
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper. Scoop tablespoon amounts of mixture and shape into balls, place on the prepared tray, then pop in the freezer to firm up for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place coconut oil and dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Using a toothpick dip chocolate balls into melted chocolate then place back on the tray. Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberry powder (if using) and leave to set in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!