The simplest “mac and cheese”! And it is absolutely delicious. Just place all the ingredients in an ovenproof dish and let the oven work its magic.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the garlic slices and oil in a casserole dish and bake until golden. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Add onion, salt and pepper to the casserole dish. Place the 2 havarti blocks in the dish, top with macaroni and pour the cream and a cup of water over.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until cooked, stirring every 10 minutes so the pasta is evenly coated with the cheese mixture.
- Give the dish a final stir before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We’ve all had mac and cheese before but this version is potentially the easiest one yet! If however, you’re of the more traditional school, follow this recipe and make a bechamel from scratch.