These summer rolls are light and refreshing, yet a satisfying dinner option. We love the fragrant lemongrass and the creaminess of the avocado in the rolls. Enjoy with a punchy dipping sauce.
- 2 pieces New Zealand farm raised venison steaks approx. 220g
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tbsp Golden Sun fish sauce
- 3 tbsp Superb Herb lemongrass grated
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 New Zealand Avocado sliced in wedges
- 1 carrot julienned
- ½ cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- A handful Superb Herb Vietnamese mint
- A handful Superb Herb coriander
- ⅓ cup peanuts roasted and roughly chopped
- Mix lemongrass marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the venison steaks and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the two dipping sauces. Combine all the ingredients of each sauce in two separate small bowls. Set aside.
- Prepare all salad ingredients and arrange on a serving platter.
- Barbecue or pan-fry venison steaks over medium high heat. Cook 3–4 minutes each side. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Soak a piece of rice paper in water for 10 seconds. Place in a dump tea towel. Arrange filling ingredients in the middle. Wrap and roll to make into a cylinder shaped spring roll. Repeat until the ingredients are used up.
- Serve with the dipping sauce to enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Use tofu for a vegetarian alternative.
Whilst you can now find venison meat in most supermarkets, for more specialised cuts, try these suppliers.