Making your own muesli bars is a great way to have healthy snacks for work and school lunches. These are super yummy with or without the chocolate drizzle.
- Place oats into a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds. Pour into a large bowl. Add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and raisins and mix well.
- Grease and line a deep baking tray and pour seeded mix in.
- Add tahini, butter and honey to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until melted. Whisk together then pour over the seeded mix.
- Press mix firmly into the tray.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave (microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth).
- Pour the melted chocolate on (if using) and smooth out. Top with salt (if using) then place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, slice into muesli bars. Store bars in a container in the fridge or freezer.
Tip: if you prefer chewy muesli bars (not crunchy) then add the seeds to the food processor in step 1.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
For more kid-friendly recipes ideas, check out our recipe collection!